Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
About the program
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) is a branch of paramedical science that deals with diagnosing and treating various ailments. This course has duration of two-years (four semester) that can be pursued after 10+2 class. This course helps to get a better insight into medical laboratories as well as to work as a Lab Technologists/ Technicians.
The course is an entry-level program designed to impart the knowledge of inspecting, testing, and identifying various diseases. It is a two-year program where students are exposed to in-depth knowledge of Biochemistry, Pathology, Blood Bank, Microbiology.
The course enables you to do all kinds of testing required to diagnose a disease. The program is mainly designed to fill the space of lab professionals
- Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) is a part of the healthcare system that plays an essential role in diagnosing and treating ailments.
- Though medical Laboratory Technologists/ Technicians work behind the scenes, they play an important role in the health care systems.
- It is one of the fastest-growing fields across the globe in the health care area, and the number of students opting for this can find a range of job profiles suiting the skills that is being learnt.
Some important key points to choose this course:
- Ample job opportunities in both private and government sectors
- Gain in-depth knowledge in the field of healthcare
- Great demand in current times